welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, April 27, 2009


Hi everyone.

After my BFT I was off until the 2nd of April. Then I went back to work until Holy Thursday. I had a few more things to finish off before my leave. I finished all of my paperwork etc. Then I was off. We didn't do anything special for Easter since Paul wanted to work on the fence. He did however make a fabulous turkey dinner which is in the top 3 of all time turkey dinners!!!

Then I was home until the 23rd of April. Paul took the 22nd off to spend with Logan and I. We went over to Gill's and she took some family photos for us which turned out amazing. She is sooooo good.

The night of the 17th the "girls" took me out to supper to say goodbye as well as to celebrate Pam's 40th. We went to Fluid. It was pretty good. Then we went back to Barb's till after 2300. I was soooo tired when I got home but it was a fun time with the girls.

I had to get up at 0400 on the 23rd since my flight was at 0625. Paul and Logan took me to the airport. It was super hard to say goodbye to them. Hopefully they will settle into a routine and Paul won't be exhausted. I got to my quarters at Valcartier at 1905 so it was a long day. The next day we had to hand in all of our luggage and do a whole bunch of admin. That was done by 1100 or so. Then we just stuck around all day.

Friday was a very sad day for me since I learned that my friend Michelle passed away in Kandahar. I am still waiting to find out what happened. My thoughts and prayers are with her husband and her family.

Saturday we had to be over at the building at 1430. We didn't leave until 1615 for the airport. We flew on an airbus. I was able to sit in first class. It is all the same food wise, no booze, but we had bigger chairs. The people in the back actually had it better since the plane wasn't full so many of them were able to lie down. In the 15 hours of flying I think I was only able to get about 4-5 hours of sleep.

We are delayed enroute. It was 50 degrees yesterday. I finally got a room to sleep in at 0200 after I had been sleeping on the concrete waiting. Apparently I was snoring very loudly. Probably because I was exhausted and I have a cold. I woke up with a sore throat on the 23rd.

So I am just hanging out playing the waiting game right now.

I got a few hours of sleep last night so I am a happy camper once again.

I love and miss you all but I am doing well.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you're doing well. Hope the rest of the trip there went smoothly! We miss you too!