welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, March 29, 2010

29 March 2010

I am getting better with my updates. Has only been a week since my last one!!!
I had my expres test (fitness test). I achieved my exemption so I don't have to do another one for 2 years. Was great. Then we had a 1 hr volleyball practice that night. It was soooooooooooo much fun. Then I had to pick up Logan from the hockey arena at 1705 because Paul had a hockey game at 1730. We hung out for a little while at the arena and Logan enjoyed himself.

Then we came home and hung out while Paul played hockey. Wednesday I had volleyball again from 1720-2000. We had a game from 1800-2000. It was awesome. We played an under 18 team and won the first set and they won the second and I don't think we finished the third. Was great!! Then we went out to the Griffin for a drink after. Paul also had hockey that night so we had a sitter come at 1815-2100. I was home at 2105. Paul said that Logan pooed before he left so he bathed him and he pooed again in the tub. Paul wasn't impressed.

Paul was on holiday for thursday and friday which was nice because he stayed up really late wednesday night having drinks with a buddy that is moving. I got to bed at 2330. Logan woke up at 0500 and ran down and jumped in to bed with us. Paul got up and took Tikka for a run and I packed up some food for our trip and Logan's stuff etc. We took off just after 1100 or so for Parksville to drop off Logan with Aunt Margie and Uncle Jerry. We had a nice visit there for a bit and then left at around 1345 to catch the 1500 ferry which we had reserved. In retrospect we probably would have been okay to not reserve it. We got to our hotel at around 1720 or so. Traffic over the Lions Gate bridge was a nightmare. Our hotel was on Robson. Was great. We checked in and were expecting 2 twin beds but we ended up getting a king. We were soooooooooooooo happy. There was also a nice duvet. We were on the 23rd floor with a harbour view. Not too shabby. We had a $7 cab down to the shark club at the sandman where we had supper. They had the country music cranked so it was great to pump us up before the concert. Then we headed over. The Trailers opened, then Lady Antebellum and then Tim McGraw. They were soooooooooooooooooooooo awesome. WE were in row 14 on the floor and the stage extened to 5 rows past us down the middle. Were were like 6 or 7 seats from Tim at some times. We had a wonderful time. We are pretty sure that that was the 2nd time since Logan was born that we have been away together overnight without him. The other time was Merritt mountain musicfest in 2007 when Dad babysat. After the concert we walked back to the hotel which was about 25 minutes away. It was raining a bit but a nice walk. We stopped at the Fog n' suds pub for a beer and nachos on the way back. We were in bed by 0100 or so. Paul woke up at 0830 so we got up and went to our buffet breakfast that was included in our room price. Was good. That was on the 46th floor. It is a revolving restaurant but it doesn't revolve at breakfast. We were all packed up and leaving the hotel parking lot by 1000. We hauled A** and arrived at the ferry at 1020 but they were full so we had to wait for the 1230 ferry. When we got to Nanaimo we stopped at the wholesale sports store and took a look around. Sort of like a smaller scale Bass Pro shop. We picked up a Buzz Lightning fishing rod for Logan. Then we stopped at Michaels and I found some clearance items super cheap. Was awesome. I got a $105 cuttlebug letter die cut set for $25. Then we stopped at Costco. I was able to pick up an adorable 3 piece Calvin Klein button up shirt, t-shirt and jean shorts for Logan for $20. I picked up a roots bathing suit for me, 2 pairs of capri shorts, and 3 pairs of shorts for me and a pair of jeans for Paul. I picked up a couple of ladies shirts for me but they are too small so I have to return them.

Then we went to Marjorie and Jerry's. They had a blast with Logan. We are so grateful and happy to have them. We took them out to BP for supper so that was nice as well. We got home at around 1930 or so if I remember correctly.

Dad called on Friday to say that Great Uncle Bill passed away. (My Grandpa's brother) I think the funeral is today. RIP Uncle Bill.

Saturday Paul had his biology lab up in campbell river. He left at around 0810 or so and made it home by 1330 or so. I took Logan and Tikka for a big walk. I had to carry him on my shoulders for a bit because he got tired of walking (Logan). After Paul got home he rotated the tires on the truck and his car. I rented movies since he was going out to watch the UFC at the mess. Logan and I made popcorn and watched the "Blind Side". It was sooooooooooooooooooooo good. We loved it. Then I put him to bed at 2200. Paul was home shortly after that.

Sunday morning Paul was up early to go to the Mountain to patrol. Logan got up at around 0700 but was quietly playing in his room. I went up at 0800 to get him and change his poopy bum. Then we played for a bit and then had breakfast and got ready for church. I made him sit in the pew with me this time. He is used to sitting in the playroom and playing the whole time but I wanted to sit in the pew. He wasn't happy but was pretty well behaved. Then we came home. We had lunch and then he went to his room for his nap from 1300-1500. I was down in my scraproom having some fun. Then we started to watch Up in the Air and I was using my treadmill for a bit. Then I took Tikka and Logan to the park for a walk. I did bench jump ups. Worked well. After that, we came home. Paul got home at around 1730 or so. We had supper and then he bathed Logan and Paul watched 60 minutes while I finished watching my movie on the projector downstairs. It is really great down there now for movies. Then the 3 of us watched tv in the bedroom till 2200. I fell asleep and then Paul put Logan up in his room.

Today Paul is on a work ski day at Mt Washington. Will be fun for him. Logan and I are hanging around. We have to make a run to the post office to mail some stuff and buy more stamps. Then tonight I have volleyball practice from 1600-1800.

Wednesday I have volleyball again and Paul has hockey. We are planning on camping on thursday and friday night at the air force beach campground here by the base. Should be fun. Then my friend Michael from Halifax is coming up for a day or 2 visit. He is in Victoria for the next month and a half. He has never met Logan yet so I am very excited about that and to see him again. He is like a brother to me!

Well, that's all for now. We have some serious potty training on the go so I have to be attentive.

Love Rae-Lynn, Paul & Logan

No comments: