welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

13 Sept 2011

Well, it has been a long time since my last post but things have been crazy around here.

We were off to Victoria on the 27th of July to catch our flight to Ontario to visit with Paul's family. We were on the red eye out of Victoria at 2355. We landed at 0700. Logan was up till 0200 BC time watching TV. Luckily Finn fell asleep!!!

Dad Hacker picked us up in Toronto. Needless to say I was exhausted by the time we got to their house. I went to bed straight away and had a nap.

Then Friday afternoon I headed to Ottawa. I went to my friend Nevenka's house and we had a nice steak supper with her and me and Michael. Then we picked Paul up at the airport at midnight. The next day we had lunch with Kevin and Karina and then we went to Julia and George's fabulous wedding!!!! Sunday we headed back to Mom and Dad's.

Monday was a holiday and Paul's sister Amy picked up Logan and took him to a birthday party with her and Steve.

Wednesday Dad and Logan went up to the hunting camp and Finn and I headed to Brighton to stay over at my friend Jen's house. Was a great visit. Friday I headed to Kingston to visit my friend Lesley. Was awesome. We went to see Crazy Stupid Love the movie and really enjoyed it. I got back to Mom and Dad's at 2200 or so.

We had a wonderful visit with Mom and Dad with lots of swimming at Chisholms Mills and Logan doing lots of fun things with Grandpa. Mom had a party to celebrate Finn's baptism on the Saturday before we went home and it was lovely to see all of the family.

Paul flew out on the 9th from Kingston and we left on the 10th to winnipeg.

The Manitoba trip highlights were seeing all of the extended family and spending a couple nights at a hotel with Robyn, Rolly and Quinlan and our swimming in the hotel and taking the kids to Tinker Town. We also had a crazy hot time at Mom's visiting her and Grandma. At the end of the trip we had a great party at Auntie Lindas house to welcome Uncle Dave's half brother that he never knew he had. Was such a great time.

Then my last 2 nights in Winnipeg I got to stay with Dino and Lynne and have a great visit and see Leonie!!!! We also took Logan to Assiniboine park to play in the new kids nature park.

Then I arrived in Victoria on the 22nd of August and we drove to Parksville and ended up sleeping over since I was soooo exhausted. Paul was away on a kayaking adventure training trip to the broken islands.

Soon after arriving home we learned that we may be posted to Ottawa and now it is official. We leave here around the 30th of November and I start work at the beginning of January so I will have to cut short my maternity leave by a month.

I finally was able to have my gall bladder surgery on the 7th of September and I am recovering well. Still a little sore. I can't wait to get the staples out tomorrow. They seem to be annoying me. We have been working like crazy to declutter our house. We have taken 2 truckloads of stuff down to "too good to be threw". This is a thrift store that uses the money it makes to support the battered women shelter in town. Still more to go but things are going pretty good so far. Hopefully we will be able to get our house on the market soon.

Logan is back at his Aboriginal headstart pre-school. He loves it again. Finn is growing like a weed still. He rolls both ways and manages to get everywhere he wants to go. Logan is hilarious and still loves being a big brother.

That's all for now.

Love Rae-Lynn, Paul, Logan and Finn

No comments: