welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Thursday, November 6, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME

I had no problems getting from calgary to Comox. Gillian picked me up at 1130 from the airport. She drove me home and then we went for a walk with the dogs (Jack and Tikka). Tikka was ecstatic to see Mommy after her trip. After the walk, we hung out for a bit and then I needed to sleep so I took a shower and a little nap. I went to get L at 1515 and stayed for 30 minutes so he would be comfortable with me again. He was all smiles, crawling all over me and kissing me. Was adorable. Then we just got home and the phone was ringing. P was calling because his car had a flat tire and he needed me to take the truck and pick him up. Was leaving the car at the gas station near the base. He also wanted to pick up the last fence panel for the fence. We packed up and headed to get P. He had gotten a ride from the gas station with the MP's to the fence place and I picked him and the fence panel up there. Was sooooo awesome to see him. He did such a wonderful job on the fence and taking care of L. I think he had a really good time despite being sooooo tired. We headed home and P finished the last panel of the fence with our neighbour Brian and then we had a wonderful evening.

I figured out that L goes to the garbage if he wants attention. Will be easy to teach him now that we know why he does it. Ref P spanking him, I came down pretty hard on him on my blog the other day. Needless to say, I over-reacted and made assumptions. With L's thick diapers, he can't even feel the little tap that P gives him. He gives him 2 freebies with moving him and a no, before a bigger no and a little tap.

It is wonderful to be home. Wednesday I was crazy busy. I am trying to get all of my training booked for my deployment. The next dates that I know for sure are the 5 Jan - 16 Jan in Kingston. It is a 24/7 computer exercise doing the same thing that I was just doing at MG. I can't wait to see the team again. Man did I learn alot. I still have a ton to learn. I went in to settle my claim from MG and sort out my training and didn't expect to be there from 1030-1515. Then I picked up L and then made it to Volleyball at 1617. Was so awesome to play again. I wasn't sure if I was going to play this year because of juggling things with L but I am definitely going to play. It was soooooo awesome. Our team kicks ass. We have 3 uber tall girls, Sarah (cism player), Audrey and Maria, then Lynette from last year, Carly, myself, and Amanda. Amanda is the tasking clerk that I work with on my deployment stuff. She is pretty cool. The workout was amazing. I think I will get Laurel to come out. If she came to the volleyball workout from 1615-1800 mondays and wednesdays, she wouldn't need the personal trainer. We did tons of cardio and jumping etc. I wasn't crazy rusty either. It was a great group of girls and I am stoked for the season. It is nice we are training early this year. I missed 5 practices while I was away at MG and unfortunately will miss them while I am in Greenwood, and doing my pre-deployment training. I will however, be here for Regionals. I will plan everything around that. This year is our year to take it to Esquimalt and kick a little west coast butt!!! My knees were pretty sore before practice but they feel really good right now.

I leave for Greenwood on the 16 Nov-22 Nov. Then the night of the 22nd is Turkey Bingo at the officer's mess so I can't wait to go. I know Gill will want to go too and maybe I can drag Barb to it as well!!!!

I ordered my boots yesterday for my deployment. Due to my orthotics I needed special boots so I am pretty sure that they will be re-imbursed. I can't wait to get them so I can start doing my training for my BFT.

For all of the non-army types, the army has a new rucksack. It is awesome. It has 3 sizes, small, med, large to fit the person, and it has bendable wires inside it to shape to the person. I can't wait to get mine.

I lost around 4 lbs while I was in MG. So far I am down 17.5 pounds since we got back from Ontario in september. I feel wonderful. I can feel my body healing itself from old injuries and getting stronger. I don't have cravings for unhealthy food anymore. I don't starve myself but if I want a treat then I have one. (like the nachos I had for breakfast on tuesday).

I miss the new friends from MG. We had soooooo many laughs. Kingston will be just as fun.

I have to go in to work again tomorrow and check out some stuff, and go to supply. Will limit my time so I am not "working" on my day off.

P is on parade on Tuesday for Remembrance Day. L and I will get dressed up (me in uniform) and go to the Courtenay parade this year. I have went to Comox for the last couple of years.

I am working on booking Christmas flights. Mine will be free since I have to be in K-town in January anyway for my exercise. So I think we will splurge and pay for P's flights from Comox to Winnipeg and Winnipeg to Toronto. Then we will hope that he gets the free flight home to Comox on the 4th of Jan.

That's all for now.

No comments: