welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Yeah L....He's walking

So he could walk since before he turned one but he chose not tooo. Today was the first time where he stood up and walked around on his own volition. Was sooooo cool. Our little man is all grown up!!!

We had a wonderful weekend in Victoria visiting friends and we did a little shopping. It was very go go go. I played poker on Saturday night with Snickers and friends. P and Tim went out drinking with Chris. Then we had breakfast on sunday morning with Annalee and then headed home stopping at Leslie & Andrew's, and then costco.

I haven't blogged yet about my epiphany so here goes....

I finally put the pieces together and realized what my problem is. I have ADD. Like Howie Mandel, I too could be the poster child. I finally realized it was the problem through MG. I am very good at multi-tasking but I am pretty random as people have mentioned. I just didn't pay it very much attention until I realized. It sure feels good to know what's what. I used to think I was crazy but Barb said "RH, Crazy people don't know their crazy". My whole life I have been misunderstood and now I know why. It explains why I felt the need to memorize everything. I had a learning disability and was unable to focus and concentrate unless I was super engaged in the subject or really liked it. I have been training and teaching myself new skills every day. It is alot of fun! It explains almost all of the fights I have ever had with P. Things are soooo amazing between us now. He is a little annoyed about hearing about my epiphany but loves the fact that we can discuss things now without getting angry or having big miscommunications. My Dad told me on the phone the other day that he has it too. It explains alot. One key characteristic is a lack of patience. It is frustrating when you are saying something that seems easy to understand but other people don't get it. Also, that is why I was having so much trouble with jez on my MOAT. I want the answer right away and couldn't focus on analyzing the gram. Knowing about my ADD now, I can take frequent breaks and try and re-focus my energies.

I emailed my team today. I found a whole bunch of information and thought I would share it. My Wing Commander emailed me back a couple of times to thank me for the info. He is a Colonel. I figured he was busy enough being a Wing Commander that I could handle the research. He is from Newfoundland and is awesome!

So I have a few more dates for my training. Looks like I will be in Greenwood for the simulator from the 16 Nov -22 Nov. I will get back at 1130. Then I will be flying to Toronto on the 23rd of Nov and will be there for the IPC course from the 24-28 Nov. I will try and fly back on the 1st of Dec so I can visit people.

After that, I have my exercise in K-town from 5 jan - 16 Jan followed by my pre-deployment training from the 17 Jan - 5 Feb.

Then I have volleyball regionals at the beginning of March.

Well, I am exhausted. So I am going to bed.

See you at Remembrance Day parades tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rae-Lynn! I am so glad that you have had an epiphany that will hopefully make things easier for you to manage - especially over the next year. Now that you say it yourself, it makes total sense to me too. Not that I thought you were crazy, LOL, but just that you could be very random sometimes :-)

As long as you know that we love you any way you are! Give that wonderful walking boy big hugs from all of us! Miss you guys!