welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Thursday, November 27, 2008

To Trenton

So I finished up my week in Greenwood. Wednesday night we tried for 3 hours in the sim but it was broken so we ended up finishing up early. We got a ton of snow wednesday night. Thursday night went ok as well. Then on Friday they said there would be another snow storm so we called the sqn at 1200 to see if we could change our flights. It would be $550 per person so the sqn said no. So we went in to the sim and did our trainer till 1430. Then I called west jet and they said that since the storm was coming that they would move us for free. This would have us leave at 1640 and head to calgary overnight and then get home at the same time as originally scheduled from calgary to comox. By the time we left greenwood at 1500 we were pretty much doomed from the start. We still however tried to make it but it was too late. The 1830 flight was already full so we ended up getting stuck in Calgary. Friday night after I checked in Michael and Owen picked me up and we went back to their house for supper. Kelly looks awesome. We had a wonderful supper. They bbq'd some 3 day marinated steak and a wonderful salad and of course some lovely wine. We hung out. I was totally envious of Kelly's wonderful scrapbooking room!!! Owen was adorable as usual. Then since the snowstorm was supposed to be coming and Kelly and Michael were flying to Cuba the next day Michael drove me home at 2100. Saturday morning at 0500 I got up to get ready for the flight. I looked outside and there was alot of snow but it seemed to have stopped and looked alright. At 0515 JP knocked on my door and said that our flight was cancelled and we weren't flying out until 0740 on sunday morning and that we were meeting at 1100 in the lobby to move to the hotel downtown since there was no room at the base. I had to wade through waist high snow to go over to the Juno Tower for breakfast and then back to my room. Same thing when I was checking out. We went to the Sheraton Four Points downtown. It was amazing. Free wi-fi in the rooms and 2 queen beds with wonderful duvets!!! We all went out as a crew for lunch which was fun, and then a quick stop at MEC. AFter that I went back to my room to change my flights. Since I wasn't making it home on saturday, I had to fly right to Ontario on sunday so I could go to Trenton for my training. They moved me to a 1218 flight from Halifax to Toronto, then Dad Hacker picked me up and took me to their house. It was so great to spend time with Mom and Dad H. Mom is still recovering from breaking her ankle. Then I headed out for the 2.5 hr drive to Trenton. I was pretty tired when I got to Trenton but thanx to the GPS I found the base no problem and checked in. I had a frustrating time trying to get on the internet. I thought the first cable was not working but I tried another and still nothing. Then I plugged in down in the lobby and realized that my laptop was ok. The next day the IT tech came by and was submitting a work order so I asked for a new room. I moved all of my stuff to the new room and the internet wasn't working again so they moved me to the 2nd floor and this time it worked. Then I left for Belleville hospital because Mom Hacker had left me a voicemail saying Nana had a stroke and was in the hospital. I headed right down there for a visit. I had planned on going to see Grandpa but when I called him at lunch, he had told me that he didn't feel well enough for a visit. Then Tuesday after class I was going to see Grandpa but I had a message from Mom and Amy saying that Grandpa was in the hospital now too because of his heart. I headed right out and Amy and I took turns visiting Grandpa in Emerg and then going up to see Nana. Amy and I have been at the hospital every night so far this week. My course is going really really well. I am learning tons of stuff and most of it is very interesting. Tomorrow I will head up to Mom and Dad's after I am done. I have to clear out of my room first thing in the morning and then go to class. Mom and Dad are driving down tomorrow to go to the hospital. Then they will be back home tomorrow evening and we are having a fish fry!!! Delicious. I have probably gained 5-10 lbs over the last 2 weeks. Has been a stressful time this week. I have to get back in to gear when I get home. I also am on a complete different awake/sleep schedule from last week so that doesn't help. I was supposed to be only coming home on the 1st of Dec, but now I go home on Saturday night. I can't wait, I miss my boys so much!!! I am looking forward to visiting with Mom and Dad again tomorrow night and saturday before my flight. I picked up some scrapbooking stuff over the last couple of days and made a scrapbooking thing for Nana and gave it to her tonight. She loved it. I made a more manly one for Grandpa and he loved it too. They are doing alright so far although Nana is still having trouble with her left side. It is extra hard for her since she is left handed. I had a nice visit with Aunt Maryann and Uncle Dwight at the hospital last night as well. I am going to see about getting most of my training done at home instead of doing those extra 2 weeks in K-town. We will see. May not be able to keep Logan in Ontario depending on how Nana is doing. Aunt Maryann may be too busy with Nana. We will see what happens. 2 more sleeps till I am home.

Love Rae-Lynn

No comments: