welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, October 27, 2008

So I updated my blog yesterday and then was signing out and something happened with the server or something and my post didn't get posted. When I saw that I didn't have enough time to time it again since I was heading out to go eat and then go to work. Was not happy I typed up my post for nothing.

So basically saturday was retarded windy and cold. It even snowed a bit. Our tent almost blew down and there was a fire in the tent beside us. Lots of portapotties blew over. I was glad I wasn't in one when that happened and that it didn't fall over on the door so that I was stuck. It was an indication of a fire. We share the same heater (only allowed on at night and is thermostat controlled) Grass had blown into the heaterand it smelled like fire. We froze on our 15 minute walk back home at 0030. Then when I got up yesterday the showers were down so I had to have a little bird bath and go to work with crazy hair. My face looks like crap these days. I broke out just before I came here and the filthy living isn't helping anything. Sand and dirt everywhere. In my eyes, ears etc.

My cold is ongoing and is very shitty. I can't sleep very well because of all the phlegm draining down my throat. Despite that my blisters are healing. I am waiting until my 7 days though so that if they start again I only have like 4 more days here after that or something.

I really miss L. I feel bad for him since he is at daycare all day and then P had a babysitter thurs and fri night so he could work on the fence and then again all day saturday and sunday because he had training at mt. washington. I hope L isn't too upset by me not being there. I guess I won't really know until I get home. If he is really mad at me then that will be my answer.

P said L's teeth seem to be bugging him lately.

My Dad can't get over how much L has changed since July. His face has totally changed since it is so slim now where it used to be a round circle.

Things are coming along ok with the job. I am learning alot every day. I got yelled at yesterday by the army major for stuff that wasn't our fault. I stood my ground though and tried to explain to them. He appologized later for freaking out on us which was very very nice of himm.

The army is retarded to work for. The setup here isn't ideal for us either with the walking 15 minutes to work and back. They are finally letting us drink their water. Before we had to carry our own water there from our side.

It has been really cold and windy but any day I wake up and there is no snow is awesome.

The port a potties are disgusting here but what can you do. They pump them out every day but with so many people here they always run out of toilet paper.

I only get to talk to P for 2-3 minutes each day if I am able to find some time while I am on watch and he is available. Makes it hard especially since he doesn't email me or take pics of L to send to me. I hope he gets better at that when I am actually deployed.

I just learned that I have another exercise in Kingston from 5 Jan - 16 Jan. I also may have to stay there till the 5th of Feb to complete my pre-deployment training.

Sorry for the novel.

Can't wait to get out of the field and get home.

No comments: