welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So yesterday was awesome. I was a rockstar at work. My shift was non-stop action till midnight. Then I had 30 minutes to prepare my turnover to let him know what was going on. I am doing way way better now. It felt awesome. Lots of adrenaline. My fast typing skills are a huge asset since alot of what I do is on computer. I have 2 laptops in front of me when I am working. I have to monitor 7 different chat windows along with the situation in the room, and make phone calls when necessary. Things can sure get chaotic but I was a multi-tasking machine yesterday.

I am still sick and it has gotten worse. Now I have a bad hacking cough, coughing up phlegm etc. Not fun. But other than that, my blisters are good. I will wear my running shoes till thursday and then try my boots again for the last few days. I am not sure if it is because the weather is so nice but I am on top of the world. I feel great. It was warm and sunny yesterday. Then today it will be 16. I love it. I went to bed just after 1 AM and I was up at 0900. NOt sure when I fell asleep but I am sure I did. I feel alright right now. I got up, had to pick up my laundry, dropped off my roomies laundry. Then I came back and showered, and then dropped off a new bag of dirty laundry.

NOw I am here doing my blog/checking emails etc. Then I will go back and do some other stuff. Then lunch 1130-1145. Then I walk to work which takes 15 minutes. Then I have a half hour to see what is going on before I take over.

Andre (the helo liason guy ) that I work with who is helping me learn the job thinks I am a rockstar. He loves how fast I type. Sometimes he dictates. Goes well.

I didn't get yelled at once yesterday so that was awesome as well.

I got to talk to P for 5 minutes last night. He thinks L is coming down with a cold. My poor little guy. Not sure what we will do if L is too sick for daycare. We will have to figure something out. A contingency plan.

I wish I would have been home on the weekend to take Logan to the pumpkin patch with Laurel and Gill but nope. It really sucks not getting a weekend off but what can you do. Reminds me of being at sea when you have no time off. You work around the clock. Same as with the guys in the field.

HMMM. Oh, Most of the people I work with are awesome. They are having a cheesy mustache competition right now. So funny. I didn't know that till yesterday though. I thought people thought they looked good!!!

that is all for now!

Oh yeah I thought they were going to make us tear down the mod tents when we are done but the latest I hear is that they may move us to another tent. That would suck since we are shift workers. We shall see. I am going to pop in and see if they changed my flight for me.

1 comment:

The Selman's said...

Hey! I'm glad to see things are picking up for you. I was getting a little worried! See you soon miss fast typer! LOL!