welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Field Ex

Hi everyone. I am in the field. I am trying to make the best out of it. I have huge blisters on my heals again so I am wearing my running shoes for 7 days. They are starting to feel better. I also have another raging cold so I feel like shit. My nose is all congested and I have a really sore throat and it is harder to sleep. I was job shadowing and learning since I have been there. It is nice there is internet here but I doubt I will have much time to use it with my schedule. I now work 1230 until 0030. It is really cold and windy here today. Feels like my accomodation tent is going to blow down. We have a heater that is on at night and so far I have been warm even though Lesley K told me to only bring one part of it. I haven't run in to Dale or Josh yet. Ran into a few old friends though. I hope by the end of this that I get what is going on. It is alot to absorb right now. I have a 1.5 km walk every time I have to go to work and then back after my shift. My tent is right beside the blue rockets so that is awesome. The showers are very close as well. I get 1 5 minute shower a day. The food is pretty good. I am confident that my flight home will be changed till the 4th of November since my tasking cell screwed up and sent me here a day early and is sending me home a day late. The exercise is over on the 3rd and there will be a smoker.

I got to see my Dad and my brother Rob in Edmonton when I flew out on the 21st. I had 3 hours with my Dad and an hour with Rob. Was so awesome. I treated Dad to supper and we had a really nice visit. Then I caught the IBBS at 2000, and got sent right out to the field. Finally found my tent at midnight. I was cold that night but now I am alright.

I really miss my son alot but I am coping. P seems to be really busy with L and work and the fence. L is with a sitter all weekend because he has some ski patrol stuff going on. My watch assistant is P and he is awesome. He is very funny so he makes it less shitty. I also made friends with Kris B. He is an ex aso out of Comox so we have alot in common.
No time off while I am here so unfortunately I won't be able to see Jen. We aren't allowed to leave and it is just 12 on 12 off until I leave.


Love RH

No comments: