welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Update from the weekend!

Saturday (during the day was quite uneventful). Paul worked on stuff around the house, took some rocks to the dump, bought new tires for the bike trailer and a bolt to fix my jogging stroller. I don't think Logan and I were up to too much. Oh yeah, Paul got up with Logan in the morning so after I pumped at 0630 I got to go back to bed till 0900. That was awesome!
At 1600 we dropped off Logan at the babysitter's and headed to the Officer's mess for International night. Jaime our normal babysitter was babysitting for someone else at 1630. So Jodi (her Mom) said she would watch Logan till 7 PM when Jaime was done with the other people and then Jaime would bring Logan home and bathe him and put him to bed. 19 Wing was hosting visiting Air Forces for Fincastle ( a sub hunting exercise). The British, Scotish, New Zealand, Australian, and (Greenwood Nova Scotia) all had air crews out. This event was amazing. Everything was free. There was so much booze it was ridiculous. I had a glass of moosemilk, another fruit drink and then lots of white wine. Paul had lots of everything else. Just after 4:30 the people that Jaime was babysitting for showed up. I was confused. I asked them if they were going to be home by 7 PM and they looked really confused. So I was pretty worried and didn't want to screw over Jodi. I called her and she said it was fine and that Logan was sleeping anyways. No worries, back to the party. All of the food was free too. There was a pig that was roasted, The aussies bbq'd some awesome ribs, there was burgers and dogs, salads, etc. It was great. Scott and Bobbi were there but unfortunately Bobbi had to be home at 7. Paul and I had a blast. At one point I fell down in the washroom and smashed my knees since I saw the wet floor sign way too late and my holey soles (like crocs only better) are very slippery at times. We were home by 1115 PM and were delighted that Jaime had made it home with Logan and that he was in bed!!! Good times. Sunday we were both super hungover but I managed to get up and feed Logan and then the 3 of us went back to sleep. Logan had us up again before 9AM so we could make it to the base for church. Then the 3 of us headed to Ricki's for Mother's Day Brunch! I tried to nap with Logan as much as I could throughout the day since I felt so crappy.

We gave Madison her birthday present before we went out. She loved it. She is starting to get interested in scrapbooking so I gave her a whole bunch of scrapbook stuff that I didn't pan on using. A 12x12 album, 1 of the 2 blocks of paper in a costco pack, 3 pairs of scissors, some templates, some stickers, a cutter (since I upgraded to the Carl), and some other cool stuff. I found out on Sunday that she spent all day sunday scrappin. She brought over her album to show me. I was very impressed.

Then last night some of the Yummy Mummies and other girlfriends headed out to Lucky Bar for the exotic male dancers for Mother's Day. Jen, Angela, Laurel, Bobbi and I headed there. Kim met us there (the owner). She arranged for Jen, Laurel and I to have free cover. It was quite the entertaining evening. Unfortunately though, it was supposed to start at 2030 but didn't end up starting till 2130. There was 2 "dancers" Raphael and Diamond. They did 2 shows each. They did their first show each and then there was a huge intermission. I was so tired. It was really fun though. Highballs were only $2. I drank Cranberry gingerales and water. Refills on non-alchoholic drinks were also free. I didn't get home till after midnight and it was 0100 before I made it to bed. Needless to say I was still pretty tired today. I managed to get in a 30 minute walk with Logan and Tikka. And then Logan went in the swing at the park. He seemed to enjoy it. Then we stopped in to say hi to Tammy who was still feeling ill from Saturday night as well.

I have Logan booked in at creative kids this week on tuesday, wed, and thursday from 9-12. I hope to have some me time and do some scrapping or whatever. Tomorrow I have a run with the yummy mummies that I will be doing without Logan. My hips and knees have been really bothering me lately though so hopefully I won't be super slow even without pushing Logan. I just got good news from Jen tonight. Her and Nate will be on the same flight to Toronto as Logan and I on the 29th of May. Shall be fun being travel buddies!!!

Ta Ta for now. You can see some pics from last night at the dancers of the girls on our yummy mummies facebook group site!

No comments: