welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, September 14, 2009

14 SEPT 2140


Hi everyone. I got back to KAF today at around lunch and had to come in to work at 1800. I am tired but will be alright. Was up at 0400 this morning to make all of my timings. I am all unpacked and got a couple of hours of sleep before I had to come to work.

There was a comms lockdown yesterday so I was unable to call Paul last night or check any emails. When I could finally check my emails today I was saddened to learn that my Father had suffered a mild heart attack on saturday. It was very confusing since I had an update email first updating me on Dad so I was frantically looking for the first one. I found it. Rolly (my brother) had sent me an email and then there was an update from him and a couple from Lynn. I think they worried about me when they hadn't heard from me but I was unable to call/email due to the comms lockdown. They say that Dad is on the mend and should be out of the hospital in 1-2 days. He will have to go to winnipeg for angioplasty and some more tests. I hope he has a full recovery.

Paul and Logan made it home. I just talked to Paul tonight and he said they didn't let him take the carseat on the plane so Logan had a horrible flight. He only slept maybe 3 hours of the 10. He misses me alot according to Paul. I feel horrible about that. I miss them both alot as well. They landed in Nanaimo and Uncle Jerry picked them up. They slept over and Aunt Marjorie cooked them a feast for breakfast. Then they made their way back home. Paul said all of the flooring on the first floor is complete at our house. I can't wait to see pics and see hot it looks. He said it looks good. Him and Logan are probably pretty jet lagged still. They had a huge time change to get used to. I only had a 2.5 hour time change so not so bad.

My new work hours are 1530-midnight for the next 24 days and then after that will probably be 1230-1900 for the rest of the tour.

I managed to drop off my laundry today and hook up my internet again. Patti found me a bike so I now have my own. Super sweet,

I am looking forward to the rest of my tour flying by. I miss Paul and Logan so much. I am grateful that our time didn't seem to go tooo fast. I enjoyed it all.

Weather is cooling off here. Apparently it gets down to 15-16 degrees at night. I am looking forward to the days cooling off.

Finger 11 played here while I was away so I missed that.

I came home and there was a package waiting from Angela and one from Twyla and a letter from Grandma Edith. Apparently there is another letter somewhere in my room to find. Sven said he just threw it into my room so I will have to find it later.

Yesterday I went downtown shopping. Picked up a few things I was out of like toothpaste and a face cleanser to use until I got back here. We ate at subway but because it was Ramadan you can't eat in public. Saleem and I ate in the backroom at the subway. Got back to camp at 1930 and found out there was a lockdown so couldn't check emails/call anyone.

Paul lost the cellphone on the trip over so he will have to cancel it and try to get another one since I still am under contract with telus.

I hope everyone is well.

Love Rae-Lynn

No comments: