welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Friday, May 29, 2009

30 May 0647

When I finally got out of the office it was 1800 or so. I was exhausted. I walked home and chatted with a marine that is a secret squirrel. He had been at work since 0700 the day before. I guess I shouldn't complain. I don't know how they do such crazy shifts. He was going back to sleep until midnight and then he was supposed to go back to work.

I got back, changed, and packed up my laptop to go and see the internet guys. We can buy internet in our tent from the pakistanis. It is $30, 70 or 100 per month. Apparently $30/month is crap. I bought the $70 plan and so far so good. I find it really quick. I love it. It is a bit of a walk to these internet guys so that wasn't fun after a really long day. On the way back I hitched a ride with a guy from the phillipines on his gator. It was awesome. prayers answered. He dropped me off right outside my shack. So I bought that, then I came back and went for a bite to eat at the mess. It was steak night and there was breaded shimp but I tried the shrimp and didn't like it. Then I got home just after 2000 and had to run down and do my laundry which is starting to suck. Just the heaviness of my laundry bag and the walk. But another prayer answered, a couple of guys I work with drove down there since they live at the isos near new canada house and they dropped me off pretty close to home on the way back. I was sooooooooooooooooooooooo happy. Then I grabbed a shower because I sweat alot yesterday with all of the running around and then was on the internet last night. It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. I can't believe (actually I can) that I was being so cheap. I was like $70 US/month x 7 months, what a waste. But it works out to $2 a day and makes me so happy. I am not really incurring any expenses here except for what I buy at the market as gifts, and souvenirs. I don't drink coffee. The only time I go to Timmies is to use my coupons for a bagel.

It was well worth it. Apparently it is pretty good with skype on the $70 plan but not sure. I will have to buy a webcam and a headset to try it out. I can buy a webcam for #$25 from the px. If I don't like it I can return within 15 days for a full refund. I may just try that. I could probably get a headset at the market as well so I will have to look around. I don't want to spend too much and the market isn't very reliable at times. I am heading to the market for a little break from work today. I arranged it with Sven, and then I will let him go. I should have a ride there so it should be pretty quick.

No more waiting in lines for computers. I love it.

I hope to have a messenger chat with Paul and Logan tonight my time, saturday morning their time. Will be good. Seems like we can only really chat saturday or sunday night due to the time change.

That's all for now.

Rae-Lynn

No comments: