welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Friday, May 1, 2009

It is really hot here but I am doing well. I finished all my mandatory training that everyone does when they get here. Last night I started job shadowing. The problem is that the guy that I am replacing had his last shift yesterday and he was training someone else so one of the new guys who got here a few days before me trained me from 1830-midnight. Then I stayed till 0400 with Patti and her trainer to learn some more since tonight Patti and I are doing the midnight - 0800 shift by ourselves. There is a vertical learning curve so hopefully I will be able to learn quickly. It is a higher stress job here than what we were learning in training previously.

There is lots of shopping here. They have a boardwalk with lots of vendors and there is also an AMerican PX which is like our canex. I already had to buy a pair of shorts and a t-shirt because all of my workout stuff and other clothes are in my unaccompanied baggage weren't here yet. Patti found one of my boxes yesterday and brought it to the tent for me. Still missing one box.


This place is huge. I have clocked a lot of miles in my boots already. Feet are dead tired at the end of each day. Still waiting to find out the dates for my time off.

Went to bed at 0545 this morning and got up just after 1200. I had lunch, dropped off my laundry, went for a run on the treadmill at the US Gym, came back, organized my room a bit, now I am here. After this I will shower, go to supper and then lay down till around 2300 before I go to work.

All is well. Settling in fine. It weird getting used to walking around with a pistol every where I go. My hair feels pretty dry.

Internet seems to be working pretty well right now.

talk to you later.

xoxox
Rae-Lynn

No comments: