welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Monday, August 3, 2009

03 AUG 0830

Sorry I couldn't blog for the last 2 days. We had a comms lockout. Was
a crappy couple of days.

First of all the flood at my house has been really awful. Paul and Logan
are at a hotel. Major damage to my house.

Then 2 days ago we lost another 2 Canadian soldiers and 3 Americans. It
was horrible.

The BBQ planned for the 1st was cancelled. Yesterday there was 2 ramp
ceremonies. I was at work for the American one so I couldn't go but I
went to the
Canadian one last night and then we had the BBQ. Man, my beer tasted
good. The food was really good as well.

Then I went home and the lockdown was still on so I wasn't able to video
chat with Paul and Logan this weekend. Not that they could have anyhow
because Paul was busy. Our neighbour Lorna watched Logan for a bit on
Saturday so Paul could mow the lawn.

I called Paul this morning to see how things were going and he gave me
even more bad news that has ruined my day. It sucks I had to find out
at work because all I want to do is cry and I can't.

My sweet Habibi (my cat) died. Due to the flood there is heaters
everywhere drying stuff out and the floor is all ripped up so it is
plywood. Paul went up to Logan's room and saw Habibi there and he
wasn't moving. We think that the stress of the flood was just too much
for him and probably with me being away and he probably had a heart
attack or something. I am very very sad. He was only 7 years old and
that was a horrible way for him to die all panicky. RIP my sweet
Habibi. I can't wait to go home after work and cry. Hopefully that will make me feel better.

So now Bear and Tikka are living at Father Arek's house and Paul and
Logan are at the Best Western.

Hopefully things will get better because I can't handle any more bad
news.

Rae-Lynn

No comments: