welcome to my blog.

Let's save money together!!! SPREAD LOVE NOT HATE!!!

Saturday, June 27, 2009

27 June 2150

Man is it ever hot here. It is 40 these days. We have coded doors everywhere to get thru to certain areas and in one the knob is silver and it in the sun all day. I burn my hands on it whenever I come back from the bathroom. Super crazy.

I had a really good first full dayshift. It went really well. I was up at 0630, quick shower, get dressed, went for breakfast. I was able to exercise some self-control and only had alpen cereal, some orange wedges and a yogurt as opposed to before when i would have had eggs, sausage, toast, and hashbrowns.

I got to work at 0730 and had my handover with Patti. Went well, she found some small mistakes I had made 2 weeks ago so I fixed them. Was a good pick up on her part. I had an awesome yet busy shift. Finished at 1555, came home, did the laundry run in the crazy heat. I wore the neck cooler that the MFRC in Comox sent me. Worked alright. Then I had to go and pay for another month of internet. I technically had till tomorrow night but had time so I did it. They are only open 0900-1900 so had to get it done. Then I came back and went to the gym. I did 43 minutes on the bike I think. Was good, read my book, got all sweaty. Then I took a super quick shower because we are only allowed 3 minutes per day. I didn't wash my hair, just got covered in water and then shut it off, soaped off and then rinsed. I got my hair wet but I'll wash it in the mornings.

Then I came back to my room and went online. I had a great chat with Andrew Willis and Suzie. Then I missed supper so I quickly walked over to Timmies for a bagel with cream cheese. Came back, and managed to give Paul a quick call. We finally got online at the same time and had a video chat. Logan was adorable. I get emotional at the end when I have to say goodbye. I don't know how people do year long tours. That is tooooooooooooo hard. I can't wait to see Paul and Logan again.

After the video chat, I came home, and am doing my blog and then aiming to be in bed by 2200. My mind wanders when I go to sleep so that should give me 8.5 hours of sleep. Hopefully I will get at least 8.

I am so happy for Paul and Logan and Mom H. she gets there in around 35 minutes. She is soooooooo excited to see her little Logan. Already six months since she has seen him because the last time Paul and Logan were in Ontario was for Christmas. I hope they have an awesome time visiting each other.

That's all for now. I will close.

Love Rae-Lynn

No comments: